The Early Professionals, Inspired Careers in AgeTech EPIC AT Fellowship Program provides a minimum of $8,000 to trainees and $10,000 to Early Career Researchers.
EPIC AT Fellowship Program is intended to help promising new scholars partake fully in an exclusive 1-year training program. The program will concentrate on developing new skills and providing a breadth of experience in transdisciplinary working, stakeholder engagement and co-creation, the research-policy dynamic, and the creation and execution process.
The fellowship program will provide fellows to develop, execute and assess digital technologies that help older Canadians with complex health needs age safely, independently, and with dignity in the setting of their choice.
Moreover, the expected time dedication of the training and mentorship program is about 50-60 hours over one year.
The University of Toronto is a research university surrounding Queen’s Park in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The royal charter established it in 1827 as King’s College, the first institution of higher learning in Upper Canada.
Initially controlled by the Church of England, the university adopted its current name in 1850 upon becoming a secular institution. However, as a collegiate university, it includes eleven colleges, each with considerable autonomy on financial and institutional affairs and essential differences in character and history.
The St. George campus is the main campus of the university tri-campus system, the other two being satellite campuses in Scarborough and Mississauga.
The University of Toronto offers around 700 undergraduate and 200 graduate programs. In all significant rankings, the university invariably rates in the top ten public universities worldwide and as the country’s leading university.
The university receives the most annual scientific research funding and endowment of any Canadian university. It is one of two members of the Association of American Universities outside the United States, the other being McGill University in Montreal.
The University of Toronto is known collectively as the Toronto School for influential movements and curricula in literary criticism and communication theory.
In addition, the university was the birthplace of insulin and stem cell research, the first artificial cardiac pacemaker, and the site of the first successful lung transplant and nerve transplant.
Benefits of EPIC AT Fellowship Program
All successful applicants for the EPIC AT Fellowship Program will:
- Gain in-depth technical expertise in developing, executing, and assessing digital health solutions for seniors with complex health needs.
- Have entry to multi-sectoral mentors and sponsors.
- I participate in value-added professional development training, internship, and lab exchange opportunities.
- Network with a community of tech researchers and specialists
- Obtain support to recognize and achieve career goals.
Requirements for EPIC AT Fellowship Program
- Domestic and international graduate students or postdoctoral fellows must partake full-time in their respective programs at a Canadian post-secondary institution or research institute.
- Early career researcher candidates must be within the first five years (60 months) of a full-time academic appointment at a Canadian post-secondary institution or research institute.
- All applicants must be immersed in academic study/research aligned with the task and vision of EPIC-AT and ready to participate fully in the training platform program.
- Candidates may not hold an AGE-WELL Annual Graduate and Postdoctoral Award concurrently with an EPIC AT Fellowship Program.
Interview date, Process, and Venue for EPIC AT Fellowship Program
Notice of Admissions will be obtained by August 2022. The expected start date of the fellowship is September 1, 2022.
How to Apply for EPIC AT Fellowship Program
To apply for the EPIC AT Fellowship Program, follow the below steps:
- The application consists of an online application form and supporting documents detailed below. Note that this includes letters of reference. Late or incomplete applications will not be assessed.
- Applicants are recommended to complete the EPIC-AT Fellowship Application (in either English or French) using selected word processing software.
- Once you are ready to submit your application online, if you have not already done so, you need to register with the AGE-WELL Forum Research Portal (the form will ask for your name and email). Then after you submit the registration form, the system will create an account and send your certifications to the email address you provided. Once you log in, you will have to reset your temporary password.
- Copy your application material and upload supporting documents to the AGE-WELL Forum Research Portal website by 5 pm ET on June 13, 2022. The “My Applications” link is in the top right of the page you will reach after you reset your password. Please select “EPIC-AT Award 2022.”
- Letters of support must be directly sent to [email protected]
For further details, visit the University of Toronto website
Application Deadline: June 13, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Canadian scholarships here.