The University of Southern Queensland is pleased to present the CSIRO Data61 Ph.D. Scholarships to students who aim to study in Australia. The scholarship award is for the Ph.D. level program(s) in all courses taught at the University of Southern Queensland. All domestic students and international students are welcome to apply. Application to the program will close on Nov 5th. 2022.
The University of Southern Queensland, also known as USQ, is an average-sized regional university in Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia. It teaches courses in several fields, including health, law, the sciences, engineering, business, education, and the arts. The institution has three university campuses at Toowoomba, Springfield, and Ipswich.
The institution was founded in 1969 as the Darling Downs campus of the Queensland Institute of Technology. In 1970, the school provided studying programs for rural Queensland and international communities.
Australia’s biggest solar-integrated car park and a library with rainforest and water bodies. USQ is acknowledged for having an enormous Japanese-designed garden in Australia. The University won the International Green Gown award in 2017 for its approach to sustainability, concentrating on renewable energy, water retention, waste reduction, and integration of sustainability into strategic planning.
CSIRO Data61 Ph.D. Scholarships – Summary
- Funding Type: Partial Funding
- Awarding Institution: University of Southern Queensland
- Study Level: PhD
- Available Courses: All Subjects
- Eligible Students: Domestic Students, International Students
- Location: Australia
- Deadline: 11/05/2022
Benefits of CSIRO Data61 Ph.D. Scholarships
Recipients of CSIRO Data61 Ph.D. Scholarships will be offered the benefits below;
- Allowance is valued at AUD 28,854 based on the 2022 base rate and add-on scholarship of AUD 10,000 per annum.
- Complete tuition fees for six semesters (full-time equivalent).
- Domestic applicants will be allotted a Research Training Program (RTP) Fees Offset Place; international applicants will be awarded an International Fees Research Scholarship.
- You are operating cost support of about $5,000 in learning and development funding over the term of the scholarship to back your research and future career.
- Access to first-class research resources and excellent tools, aid, and resources to bring your research to life
- Have an experience of an inclusive culture where the diversity of people, experiences, and opinions are respected and where you get to utilize your skills to impact complex national and global problems.
Eligibility for CSIRO Data61 Ph.D. Scholarships
To be eligible for CSIRO Data61 Ph.D. For scholarships, the applicant must satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Countries: All
- Applicants must have a ‘bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (First Class Honors or equivalent level).
- Applicants must have applied or be registered for the Ph.D. at USQ.
- They must be either Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, or international students already living in Australia.
- They should not be recipients of equivalent support, which benefits over 75% of the student’s stipend rate; begin or continue the Ph.D. in 2022.
- They should have shown knowledge and experience in machine learning and deep learning models with substantial expertise in utilizing the relevant architectures for implementations.
- They should have proven manuscript/research proposal preparation skills and a concrete track record of refereed research publications in top machine learning and deep learning venues.
How to Apply for CSIRO Data61 Ph.D. Scholarships
To avail of CSIRO Data61 Ph.D. For scholarships, please follow the guidelines below:
- Interested persons should contact Associate Professor Rajib Rana ([email protected]) ASAP.
- To apply, please ensure you have digital copies of the below information:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Education qualifications (testamur and academic transcripts for all undergraduate and postgraduate awards).
- List of any research presentations and publications
- Documentation confirming citizenship/current presence in Australia.
- Application for the recognition must be made through the CSIRO Data61 portal
Please visit the official webpage to inquire about the prize and application for admission into USQ.